Sunday 7 June 2009

reflexive essay


Well, I already chose my topic for my reflexive essay, it is going to be about motivation.
I chose this because I strongly belive that almost all children dont have any motivation to go to school, to study anything. Thus, we us a teacher have to know reasons why they behave that way, and the most important it is to know how can we motivate them to learn.

I know they realize that maybe they don´t have any future, because of their personal problems, or maybe they just think in food or what they are going to eat next day. Personally, I have seen by my work experince how in two different courses "A" and "B" of the same level (first elementary grader) behave in different ways, for example in "A" children want to do their homeworks, it is hard for them, but at least they try. However, in the other one course "B", they are so lazy, they don´t like to write anything, and they are predispose to don´t get anything.

Therefore, motivation is highly related to the disposition to learn that each student has.
For that reason, for me is a good topic, because I am trying with student with that kind of problems which are influence by motivation, and I am interested in learn more about it. So, the article written by Andrew Littlejohn give some advises for teachers, and talk about the sources of motivation, then it is going to solve some doubts that I have respect this topic, and also to practice with students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview